Sunday, February 10, 2008

The Countdown Continues

We are now down to 25 days! All of my girlfriends came to town this weekend and we had such a wonderful time. It was funny to hear how our lives have changed over the past 12 years. We get together twice a year and it is funny to hear all of the updates on everyone's lives. Most of them have children and some of them are still loving the single life. Alecia and Hillary-We missed you!They came to Birmingham this time because Jerry and I are getting ready to leave. They are very precious to me and I am appreciate them leaving their families to come share this time with me. I wish everyone could have a group of friends like them. The older I get, the more I realize how rare our friendship is. "My life would be the poorer without them." I am very blessed.

Jerry and I had our last meeting this weekend and got to meet one of the men that will be helping us while in Ukraine. There was a sense of finalization after that meeting. We have just a few things left to get done. Please continue to pray for our referral on March 11th. It is really here!! 25 days and counting. . .

Amanda

2 comments:

Mother said...

I can't beleive the last month has gone by so fast. Your departure date will be here before we know it. Dad and I are getting so excited. You and Jerry are in our thoughts and prayers daily. We just know everything is going to work out beautifully. Dad said he watched a show on Ukraine and that you will love it over there with all the history and beautiful builgings. Let us know what we can do to help.
Thinking of you always,
Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

amanda & jerry,
thank you again for having us all in your home this past weekend. i loved seeing your beautiful home. we had a wonderful time. and i know i can speak for the entire group when i say how excited we are for you. we cant wait to come back for a visit once yall get back home. we'll bring lots of goodies! you are in my prayers!
emily