Sunday, February 24, 2008

Just A Little Bit Longer


We have just about gotten everything packed. We have one more weekend and that is when we will finish everything up and pack our clothes. After today, we have 12 DAYS until we fly to Ukraine! We have been so focused on when we are leaving that we forget that in approximately 18 days, we could be meeting our children. That is a pretty overwhelming thought!

I change emotions from one second to the next. One minute, I am excited and can't wait to leave. The next minute, I begin to freak out and think of all the things that I still need to get done. I guess you can equate it to getting married. You are so busy planning the wedding that you forget to realize that at the end of the day, good or bad, you will be married to the person you love. Regardless of what I do or do not get done over the course of the next 12 days, we will be leaving to meet our children. That is the important thing. Everything else will be fine. (If I sounds like I am trying to convince myself, I am!)

We are trying to enjoy our last few weekends at home. We had Mexican food today for the last in probably two months. We are counting on this trip being the best diet we have ever been on. We are going to come back from Ukraine skinny and happy!!

We will keep you posted as time gets a little closer. . . 12 days and counting!

3 comments:

Mother said...

HANG IN THERE!!!! THE DEPARTURE TIME IS ALMOST HERE. THE TIME HAS GONE BY SO FAST. YOU HAVE EVERYTHING READY AND WHAT'S NOT WILL BE FINISH BY YOUR RETURN. KNOW THAT WE ARE ALL VERY EXCITED AND ARE ANXIOUSLY AWAITING THE NEWS OF THE CHILDREN. YOU AND JERRY ARE GOING TO BE WONDERFUL PARENTS IF YOU DON'T LAUGH YOURSELF TO DEATH. THE NEXT FEW DAYS WILL PASS QUICKLY AND SOON YOU WILL BE PARENTS; WHAT A WONDERFUL THOUGHT.
KNOW THAT DAD AND I HAVE YOU IN OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS.
LOVE YA,
HONEY & BIG LEE

Prophet said...

Praying continually for your protection and peace on this trip. What is the end of a long, hard journey for both of you, is just the beginning. Don't ever forget that even though God is going to bless you with these children; what a Blessing you both will be for them!!!!
I can't wait to see you all on your return.

Donna Houston said...

Yea--You made it! We are praying and hoping and hoping and praying! I know God is with you each step of the way!! HE always is!

Love and Blessings,
Donna