Saturday, April 5, 2008

Ode to Many

Greetings from sunny Ukraine. I know a lot of you would like some pics on the post, however, we must wait until later in the process. We visited the orphanage today, as usual, and had a great time. It is really hard to believe that we have only known them for five days. When we get home, I will share the extraordinary feelings that you go through trying to get to know your children in this way. It will bring you to your knees. (Mostly because they don't know where to aim the ball when they throw) I wanted to stop and thank some of you for your posts. I am sure that I will leave out many, but please know that Amanda and I read them everyday. It warms our heart.

Tip of the Day for International Adopters: Your new children will learn to say Please and Thank You very quickly. Please means I get a Cherrio and Thank You means that I will get another because you crazy Americans are proud of me for saying three words.

Cara - PAP, Hang in there, you will be here at the right time.
Kea - ROL update tomorrow. Hey to Kylie
Lee - That delicious crispy smell is a little bit of Shake and a little bit of Bake
Dana - E-mail me, check with Ron or Steve
Steve - Where have you been, get back on line
Shirley - The babies will fill the house and the yard
The Bucks - You are a great example.
Mel & Jason & Grant - Go Get Them! Your friends have become our friends. We miss you
Katie - Amanda remembers and is proud that you are a teacher.
Meadowbrook Baptist - We can't wait to get home. Please block off a whole section.
Bro. Ron - Will need your help on the sidelines this fall.
Grandparents - Babuska's and Daibuska's - You will love these kids.
The Bush's - You are so sweet to my family. You encourage us with your words and actions.
Ron, Jan, Savannah - God is Cool ! next time we pray for, be specific with numbers.
Leah & Brenda - Keep Wanda calm.
June Calame aka Grandmother - Can't wait to see you.
Jeremy, Christie and Caroline - We need strategies.
The Whitfields - Your posts are so encouraging. Thanks for trying to help us. Will know more
soon.
Alpha Gam Girls - Amanda has a plan everyday. Did you guys know this before we married?
Number 1 is just like her.
Uncle John's Family - Glad that Christmas is at your house this year. Get ready Aunt Janet.
Kelley and JT - Get Martha to give you my e-mail.
Sharon - I love you. Hey to DRE
Faulkners- Keep the posts and prayers coming.
James & Suzanne - James - now I know how nervous you were when you married Amanda and
I. Suzanne - GO EAGLES! Thanks for the church update.
The Huckabees- They are a different four. Keep the faith.
Kim - Your words always touch my heart. See you on Thursdays this fall.
George, Jay,Whit, and JB - Your e-mails are very important to me . Keep them coming and keep
me up to date. I miss you guys.
OM Football Players - The coaches are reporting great things. Build the Family. FINISH. I can't
wait to see you again. Let me hear from you sometime.
Coaches - Thanks for everything that you are doing. We need to start a daycare.
Martha - Thanks for the talks. Please update babysitting license.
Randolph - Have fun at the Master's
Big Lee - One has hunter written all over him.
OM Family - You are the best.
SP Family - Glad you made it through one visit. Keep up the good work and hang in there.
Scott - Oreo's are on the agenda.
Ron G. - I know you know
Andy and Terri - Yours will be soon. Thanks for the calls. Amanda says get ready, you will be
sore.
Mark and DJ - Go dawgs!
Helena & Christy - Keep James straight.
James - We love and miss you. What did you decide? Get the grades right.
Sholmi & Nama - Our new Isreali friends - She is a beautiful princess.



I know I have missed many. Please know that Amanda and I love you and miss you.

10 comments:

Maryann said...

We do need to start a daycare! Ours is going up in June to $990. Ayden should be wearing golden diapers there for that price!

Unknown said...

All of this is soooo exciting! We check your site several times a day at SPHS and look forward to all you send to Helena. thanks for keeping us in the loop! I cry everytime I read a post or see a picture. Amanda, I know your smile is wider than it usually is--and no wonder. You and Jerry continue to be in my prayers. Can't wait to see you and your family when you return. We miss you! Love, Carboni

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

Yes, Jerry. We knew she was like that from the get-go. The first day we moved into the sorority dorm a friend of ours asked how we had a hall mom... Amanda. She was already in charge. She had showed him around. Why do you think we call her Commander? Who else could we trust to be in charge!?!
We love her as you do and know that those children will, too. They are super blessed to have you both and I know you feel the same way about them. ALL FOUR!!
We pray for you both all the time.
I love your blog and I appreciate y'all updating it often.
Much love,
Hill
Head Squirrell, but never the Commander! :-)

Kelley and J.T. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily said...

of course we did, but that's what we've grown to love about her! she was always there to help balance out the group! glad to hear all the good reports from the ukraine. i'm so happy for yall and continue to pray for you both. love, em

Anonymous said...

I'mmm baaaacckk !!!!!
Had to run to Birmingham for doctor follow up, then Tuscaloosa to see children. Had laptop but didn't have coverage or didn't have time.
As I have said before, I can't wait to hear the entire story. You both are witnesses to what God can do. We prayed specifically and He answered.
Your witness has touched many and will continue in a wonderful way.
Jerry, I've only seen that smile on you once before; when you married that wonderful partner next to you. Praise God for what's He has done, and what He is going to do.

Steven

Ron said...

Jerry,

You mentioned the bad aim bringing you to your knees. You are a coach - get to work and make use of this time working on their aim!

God bless you all and we love you.

Ron

Anonymous said...

WOW! The christenberry girls are ready to come play and nanny and babysit...all in Russian/Ukranian...Jerry...Selah says she wants to see "MY COACH HOOD" and all of his new babies...she really wants to get her hands on them! Your blogs make us re-live so many memories of our days in Ikraine and how anxious we were to get our girls home and begin life as a family with them finally ours! Enjoy every moment...the memories you make now will forever bond you and become more and more precious with time....finally, as a mom of 5, soon to be 6...the chaos is never-ending and produces more joy and laughter than you can fathom! We'll help any way we can...you wil have an immediate kinship with those who have gone before you...lean on us!
Our prayers are with you ALL!!!!
The Christenberrys

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! This is so exciting. Four is a big number but if anyone can handle it I know you can! Can't wait for you to get home, hope all goes well in the coming days! LOVE, DEIDRA

Anonymous said...

Jerry and Amanda, There was a great article in the Birmingham News about you today (Wednesday, April 9th)so, I had to go to your blog right away.
You don't know me but, I live down the street from you on Afton Dr. I actually sold the house (I'm a Realtor) to your neighbors, the VanBeeks. As you probably know, they have 4 kids too!! Sounds like it will be very exciting and busy on Afton Dr. when you all get home! I feel certain your new brood will feel at home with all their new neighborhood friends.
Pls know you are in my thoughts and prayers and I have forwarded your blog to my Prayer Warrior group at Asbury United Methodist...
I look forward to meeting the new additions and getting to know you both better.
God Bless, Elaine