Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Time is Flying By!!

Well...we are still here! We are down to five days before we pick the children up. Right now, we are working on making sure everyone has enough clothes to make it home, bags to for their plane "stuff", and eating sitting down!! Rally, things are going very well. We have had some rain here so we have not been able to go outside as much. Our normal afernoon play group (mostly boys) have each come by to wave, say hello (in English!), and give Jerry their secret handshake. We found out today that one of our favorite little boys has a lady for the US here to adopt he and his brother. We were very excited!

We purchased #1 and #2 each a pair of sunglasses and now they are HOT STUFF!! We have our daily afternoon dance session, where the whole family breaks it down to "Jungle Boogie"-kids version. Of course, everyone must where their sunglasses. Today, #1 broke out the Brett Michael's rockin's out symbol with her hands. We have no idea where that came from. Let's hope she is not a future Rock of Love junkie, like her mom!

#4 was not feeling well this morning during our visit. We let the nurses know and she went back for a nap. Whatever they did, worked! This afternoon, she back for round 2, ready to go!! She said "I love you" today, which was a really big deal. She had a wonderful time with her older brothers and sisters. She has really come long way. She did not wat to leave us today. She simply sat down in the floor and when I picker her up and tried to walk into her room, she threw her foot out against the door facing. I know you don't want you child to act that way, but I was glad. She didn't want to leave us.

While #4 was not feeling well, #3 came down for a visit. We got to go outside and play on the playground. While enjoying the slide, we heard #3 begin yelling #4's name. We looked around to see #4 standing at the window waving at us. (This is while she is supposedly not feeling well!) We went over, blew kisses, and played a quick came of window hide-and-seek. It was a lot of fun. Even though the kids do not get to spend a lot time together, it was great to see how much they love each other!

We are definitely ready to begin our jouney home, although we know there is a lot to get done after we pick the children up. The orphanage has been great to us, but we are ready to get into our own routine. The children are preparing a performance for us on Monday befor we leave on Tuesday. We are taking a few bpxes of bananas and apples for snack after it is over. I am very excited to see what they have prepared. ALL of the chilren were practicing today. The orphanage was buzzing!

We really need the passport process to move quickly so that we do not get caught up in the Ukrainian holidays. If we do, we are looking well into May before we get home. :-( Thank you again for all of your prayers and support. I do not think that we can ever express how much it has meant to us. PLEASE PRAY for a QUICK passport process so that we can get home soon. There are many reasons that we need to be home, most importantly, it would be better for the children.

Love from around the world,
Amanda

Shhhh............ Amanda is in the shower and I want to post pics, don't tell her.....................................
Too late she is out of the shower and hollaring "NYET, NYET" like my youngest baby girl.
Thanks for all the post. All my boys at home get ready. Think Championship road..FINISH and BEHAVE
Word to ya muther, J

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the countdown clock. You are great parents and your love and compassion is allowing your children to trust and relax. #1 letting you guys handle things is HUGE! I am praying that everything keeps rolling; the passport thing is just the next step. Your post are great, talking to you is better; catch you tomorrow.
Remember, NYET to fried pies!
What An Awesome God We Serve!!

Steven

Ken & Melissa said...

Ken & I are very excited for you guys! Now you will know what is like to have 4 kids running around completely wearing you out! We will have to get our four & your four together! The weather is beautiful here, we can not wait until you & your children are home! You are in our thoughts and prayers daily! Ken is always asking have I heard back from you guys. We hope to meet your new family very soon, please let us if we can do anything to help!
Love Always, Ken & Melissa

Mother said...

HURRY HOME SOON!!!! HONEY IS EXHAUSTED. I pray that the wheels of justice go swiftly because if the don't your DAD is ready to come get ya'll. I love the post. Have they mastered "HONEY"? The first one to call me Honey will get a prize. Ha Ha Gotta go check on Lee and Kea; they are moving in today .
Take care of each other and you better get some rest while you can.
Love ya,
Honey

Anonymous said...

Oh how I love checking the blog seeing a new post! But even more I love seeing how the days are counting down to getting to walk out of the orphanage with YOUR KIDS! When I think about that I have to do a little "jungle boogie" hallelujah dance myself! Praying for your paper work to be on the top of the stack before the holiday! Kudos on #4 wanting to stay with you! You have offically past the Mama & Papa test! Safe travels! Love from Sweet Home Alabama! Dana

Anonymous said...

It was so good to see anothe blog. It is so good to see the children getting attached to you. You have done well. Don't worry about the wrong actions - you can teach them later. That is just a sign of her love for and attachment to you. I am prayiny for the paperwork to go very swiftly. The Lord will do another great work, I just feel it. Take care and have a safe trip home. Can't wait to hear you are home.
Love, Shirley

Zack, Jenn and William said...

Continued prayers for the last few days as "just the two of you" and that all documents will be secured swiftly!

Jennifer
fellow Ukie adopter
http://dovefamily07.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Jerry and Amanda,
We have so enjoyed keeping up with your trip through your blog. I'm so glad to hear things are going great with the kids. Let them know they have a church family that can't wait to meet them!!
We will pray for things to go smoothly and quickly so you can bring those precious children HOME SOON!
Blessings,
Wendy and Tim Garner

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jerry and Amanda said...

Ken and Melissa,

Please send your e-mail or e-mail me at school or home so we can chat. Do you have SKYPE?

Kim,

I need to talk and ask a question about passports. Tell Elise and Selah and family PREEVEET from Coach.

Anonymous said...

Jerry and Amanda...I am working on getting any details I can on finding help for your passport/visa time...I need to get some specific information from you.l My e mail is kimchrist@aol....e mail me with any specific needs, and I'll be in touch with visa information as soon as I get the details...
kim

The C's said...

Hey!! Well only 3 more days! I know you are getting excited. Lee and I have been painting all week and are painting Kylie's room today. Don't worry we will have plenty of room for 6! We really do have tons of room that I did not realize we had. I am going to Montgomery next weekend to order furniture for the formal living room and dining room. I think the table I am getting will seat 10+ easy. It is pretty large. I think we are going to really enjoy living here and we cannot wait for you and the kids to come visit. The backyard is great. I think your mom is coming over on Sunday and hopefully she will be bring me the SKYPE headset. I have my computer and everything set up at the house now. I am working on some little suprises for each of my nieces and nephews. Little goodie bags w/ fun surprises. Well gotta get back to painting, I left Lee unattended! haha. Talk to you this week! Yay! Love, Kea

Jill said...

Hey friends - so good to see such little time left before you get to move on - we miss you, Amanda!
All is well at the Park - can't wait to tell you about the Scholastic Book Sale at the Warehouse on Valleydale - you will be able to find all levels of books for your children - and dvd's as well. It will occur in early May! - I have been reading a bit about ESL issues- actually, television (or dvds) will help the kiddos learn English too.
anyway, take care - stay safe - Elizabeth Sturgeon is excited about meeting the kids, particularly your 8 year old daughter.
much love to you all - Jill

Michelle Copeland said...

It is 2 days until you will finally get to pick up those precious angels!!! Amanda, do you remember me asking you over 1000 times if you had heard anything about when your date to leave for Ukraine was and you had to say not yet every time? Well I can't believe you are about to be back!!!I am so excited for all of you. Those little dolls are so lucky to have parents like you two. I can't wait to hear that you have the passports and are ready to bring them home. I guess we all need to start thinking about getting you some new picture frames because
I have a feeling you are going to need them! Having a full house is such a wonderful thing. I would not trade my four for anything!!! We miss you at SP!
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Many of us blog friends want to know the ages of the children and also see photos of them...please, as soon as you can! Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Hey Hood family,
We live in the Birmingham area and have been following your blog! We tried to adopt from Ukraine in 2005but were unsuccessful. We spent 1 month in country and then returned home to our 2 bio sons. We now have 3 bio sons but still have a special place in our hearts for the orphans of Ukraine. It is so awesome that you were able to bring home 4 precious children who are siblings. We will be praying for a quick completion of the paperwork, a safe journey home, and a smooth adjustment period for all. Maybe someday we could meet. We are also in Education. I am a former High school teacher and my husband is the Principal at Calera Middle school. Take care and post pics of the kids soon. We are dying to see and hear more about them! The Copes Family

Anonymous said...

Hi, I,ve been sitting here for a few minutes just spending some time with both of you and watching the count down. It's quite emotional. Like I said before I hold you all in my heart and always positive prayers.
Love to all,
Sharon

P.S. Don't tell Steve, but I'll sneak you and the kids some fried pies.